Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
garden_fool

confederate rose colors?

garden_fool
18 years ago

I have seen several people mention pink confederate roses. Is pink the only color there is?

Comments (4)

• njoynit
    18 years ago

they turn colors.pink is a common color.I have one that blooms pink and just gets darker pink as it ages.But is one that starts off white and changes to pink to a deep rose color.most are double flowered and are some single flowered that really look like dinnerplates,but flower s are smaller. if you do a search for "landscapeing with hibiscus" you should pull an article that shows the plants and bloom times& photos in the landscape.

• hibsicus
    18 years ago

Hi, there is a white, I have white and double pink.Both are real pretty.
    Margaret

• Carole39
    18 years ago

We have a lovely pink ruffly hibiscus we were told by the supplier is called Kona,
    Also one that comes in pinks, white, and red all with a red eye that makes 10 inch 'flat' flowers, (grows fine year after year here in Z 4/5)
    And when I last grew Cotton was told IT is the confederate rose, its flowers open light pink and turn creamy white and have beautiful large, lobed velvety leaves.... I don't know what to think. Maybe have a look at this link and see what you all think.

Here is a link that might be useful: Confederate Rose

• bamarose1
    18 years ago

{{gwi:902173}}

I don't know the name of mine, but it starts off white, turns light pink then dark pink and finishes a deep purple. I love this plant, it grew over 6ft in a few months, and bloomed in Oct. I hope it overwinters.

Sponsored