Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Canadians order Hibiscuses from US

Posted by lara11 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 16, 07 at 23:29

Hello,

I live in Montreal, Canada and plan to buy Hibiscuses from www.hibiscusplace.com. The seller never sold his plants to canadians before and he doesn't know what kind of papers I will need on order to get them to Canada. Is the phytocertificate enough?
Can someone be so kind and explain how the whole procedure works, what kind of papers the seller will have to provide. Also, will I have to go to some place to pick the plants or they will be delivered to my house?
Anyone that wants to order plants and share the paper and delivery costs is welcome.
Thanks
Lara

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Canadians order Hibiscuses from US

Hi Lara the Canadian food inspection agency will have your answers. As I understand it a phytosanitary certificate is enough as long as it is not on the list of restricted plants. If it is on the restricted list you have to apply for an import permit. Here is a link to the website where you can type the plants proper name and do a search on possible restrictions.

http://airs-sari.inspection.gc.ca/airs/airs_hs_search.asp

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here