Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_695743

Sprouting Coconut Tree

tommyc
20 years ago

I Used to live in Hawaii Kai. I miss seeing Sprouting Coconuts. Is there anywhere I can contact out there to have a sprouting coconut sent to me. I live in Michigan 48127. Maybe someone can see one sprouting somewhere and send me one? If you can, please send me an email and we can arrange something to make it worth while. Mahalo and Aloha Nui Loa.

Comments (10)

• keaau
    20 years ago

I will look for you...and let you know if I find one...or I can send yu a coconut and YOU can sprout it... I am told I can mail you the coconut "as is" with your address written on the husk.

• tommyc
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Yes Thats what I heard... I may have a problem with it sprouting since we never have a long enough period of warm weather to let it start. The idea time would be to put it out in the garden in the middle of April and hopefully have it start sprouting by the Middle of September. I would have to bring it in by then. Email me and I will send you what you want for it. I have 4 Plumeria trees that I put out during the summer. The Plumi's are 5 foot tall and in 2x2 pots that I hall in with a cart in September and put them out the 1st of May. I think they are going to need a major trimming this fall, next fall definitely. They started out as 12" cuttings about 5 years ago. Its a small feat here in Michigan. Thanks... be looking for your email.

• gardenalive
    20 years ago

Hi, here are pictures of coconut palms in Vietnam. Pretty cool, huh...

Here is a link that might be useful: NTrang

• tommyc
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Still waiting for that little coconut tree from hawaii? Can anyone send me one?

• roanimare
    19 years ago

Hi Tommy - I just returned from HI and saw this while there:

Coconut palm

Wish I saw this post before! LOL

Really though, I've seen coconut palms for sale in Home Depot here in Arizona. I also saw them for sale in Hawaii that you can ship home. Hopefully, someone can help you out.

• tommyc
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Roanimare... thats what I'm looking for.

• hotzcatz
    19 years ago

Coconuts don't really stop growing, it will get huge after a couple of years and then what? Is it possible to bonsai a coconut palm? I've got a six foot tall "bonsai" of a banyan that is over twenty years old. Rather large for a "bonsai" but really small for a banyan. I don't know if you could do the same thing with a coconut or not.

• bonsaimasterddc
    13 years ago

hello my name is dallis church and over the years i have bought coconut trees and have grown them in small pots and they have stayed small and yes they are bonsais, each one is at least 5 years old and i am selling them, they are $49.99 each and are the real thing .please contact me if you would like one, and email is dallischurch@gmail.com so if you would like to see a picture or buy one, pleas email me and we will make a deal that you will not regret, but hurry their going fast.

• keaukaha143_hotmail_com
    12 years ago

Hi,
    I have a pretty big samoan coconut tree for sale now, it is about 40 feet tall, samoan (not sure how it got so big!), that produces large coconuts. The water from the nuts is sweet, and if the nuts are left on the tree for considerable distance it (the juice) will then tend to have a carbonated, bubly sweet feeling in the cold drink.
    The coconut tree is 17 years old. Has a solid, strong, trunk, erect from the ground to it's ripe and robust bunches of coconuts, adorned at the peak of the tree's trunk before the soaring leeves extend, about 25 to 30 feet long, before it stops about 15 or 20 feet from the ground, a nice arch bowl around the tree trunk.
    This tree will be placed for sale at a good deal for someone interested. I sell my trees by the foot and variety. If interested, please send me an email and lets work out a good price. Sorry, right now our truck rig is temporarily out of service so you will have to designate or arrange a form of delivery, that we can address in correspondance. My contact information, email: keaukah143@hotmail.com and business cell phone number is (808) 896-7790, ask for Irie or leave a brief message. Mahalo.

• johndp8888
    12 years ago

You can go to ebay and search for coconut trees and you will find people who will send you sprouted coconut trees from Hawaii and other places at reasonable cost.

Sponsored