Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dragon fruit cuttings

Posted by HawaiiFruitGrower none (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 25, 13 at 21:54

My dragon fruit cuttings from my papa are doin just fine, this new growth just came out just a few days ago and is growing fast!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dragon fruit cuttings

• Posted by steiconi 12b-Big Island, Hawa (My Page) on
    Sat, Jan 26, 13 at 14:10

thanks for posting that picture! We recently moved our dragon fruit into the greenhouse to keep it dryer, and a couple of the plants looked really beat up. Now I can see that they'll probably do fine!

o

Steiconi, ya your plants should do just fine!! Have mine in the greenhouse to, and it's growing nicely. I noticed a lot of people complaining that when try planted their cuttings, it took months for it to show any sign if growth, well within 2 weeks of me planting my cuttings which I got from papa in the big island these new growth popped out and are growing fast!!

o

Hey everyone! Haven't been on this forum in almost one year. Im more on the TropicalFruit forum. But I just wanted to do an update on my dragon fruit. As you can see from these old pictures and till now how much they grew. And currently they are producing flowers!!

o

Here is a picture of the current flowers atm. They are growing fast. Im praying for a fruit or two.

o

What variety of Dragon Fruit do you have? Is it the white flesh or the red?

o

• Posted by steiconi 12b-Big Island, HI (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 25, 14 at 14:12

mine have gone kinda crazy, doing their best to take over the greenhouse. Had one flower last week, waiting to see if that's a fruit developing!

Randg: There are dozens of different varieties available; I think I acquired at least 4 different ones, but don't know what I have now.

o

In the beginning, my plants only have about 4-5 flowers. But they dried out, and recently 8-10 more just started popping out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here