Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Money tree / pachira

Posted by kalola76 Hawaii (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 28, 08 at 0:39

Does anyone know where I can buy some braided money trees on O'ahu? I had two of them, but both have contracted some kind of pests. I'd like to replace them ASAP. I've looked at several garden centers and around Chinatown, but haven't had any luck. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Money tree / pachira - sending plants between Islands

Easiest way is to drive around ( with your clippers in the car - find one and ask the folks if you can take a small cutting. I've gotten most of my plants this way and people are happy to do it usually and like to talk a little "plants" with ya. I now have several in a bucket of water and they have roots, but folks on this site say its not cool to ship the plants between Islands. I planted 4 of them in a group by my driveway - just straight cuttings; but ended up pulling all but 1 out cause my neighbor warned me they grow fast and the trunks get big relatively quick !

You will notice that in earlier posts on this site other growers were going to send seeds or plants but then said its not good between Islands. So I'm not sure whats best on this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here