Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shasta Daisies for the tropic?

Posted by Barbara.P.Strigoi 11 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 22, 12 at 13:53

Hi, Have anyone grown shasta daisies in tropical zone 11 ?

I've seen shasta daisies in the tropics but I'm not sure what type of shasta daisy they are.

And yes, they were shasta daisies... not gerbera daisies ... I can tell they were shasta daisy or a close relative because of the leaves.

Hope you can help me :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shasta Daisies for the tropic?

• Posted by steiconi 12b-Big Island, Hawa (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 27, 12 at 18:36

maybe the folk over on the tropicals forum could help.

o
RE: Shasta Daisies for the tropic?

There's a lovely row of shasta daisies fronting Baldwin Avenue in Makawao. Little further up the mountain so temps stay cool but still zone 11. Probably depends on what your heat zone is.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here