Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
85 pound Jackfruits .These are the largest tree grown fruits in t

Posted by farmfreedom (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 18, 06 at 10:38

These are the largest tree grown fruits in the world . Each jack fruit weighs 85 pounds . Where can I buy this giant stain ? I am interested in the most gigantic strains of all fruits and vegetables especially tropical ones.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 85 pound Jackfruits .These are the largest tree grown fruits

Hi, I would like to also know if someone can sell me some seeds. I live in American Samoa.

o

This is very late reply, but might be helpful to someone else.

Frankie's Nursery has that tree; the one time I was there walking and looking at their many tropical exotic fruit trees, I suddenly heard a loud thump sound, followed by a rushing sound, and then I saw this big yellow-green jackfruit rolling down the hill towards me. Fortunately, it missed me, but it sure was exciting!

They sell those fruit, so what you could do if you are in Oahu is to buy the fruit and save the seed to be planted.

Their site: http://frankiesnursery.com

o

Do you know for sure they weigh 85 pounds?

o

I didn't weight it and didn't bother to look closer at it, but they look large. I used to eat this when I was a child in the Philippines and the jackfruit tree was very commonly grown where I lived; some of the fruit does become too large and two people has to carry it. Getting the sweet, yellow flesh out of the fruit is a tedious work--and, which one thing I hated about the fruit, sticky!

Call Frankie's Nusery if they have the strain of jackfruit you wanted, they may have connection of who has it, since they do specialize in tropical fruit trees.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here