Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Everything we buy seems going up

Posted by randg 11 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 2, 09 at 16:26

I was at the store recently and was about to buy another batch of steer manure. Before this, the price was .97 cents, then they told it went way up to above $3! Everything we buy seems going up.

I'm thinking I should stop buying potting soil, too. I should just mix my own with the available free mulch for the public. Anyone here have ways of saving their money on gardening stuff?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Everything we buy seems going up

• Posted by bboy z8 WA USA (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 3, 09 at 14:04

97 cents would have been a promotional price with the 3 dollars being the regular price. If you have a bulk supplier available to you there the per cubic foot rate in bulk is usually much less than when you buy it bagged.

o

hmmmm...I hope you are right. That cashier lady at Home Depot who told me that it would never again be lower than $3.00 sure is a liar. I know about the promotional sale, that's when I usually buy it, but when I asked her directly when is the next one, she said the price won't go down.

o

I look for potting soil etc at home depot. They have what they call "culls". When the bags get ripped or damaged they sell them in a lot for half price. They put them out in the morning.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here