Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trudyjean82

Noni Juice

trudyjean82
19 years ago

I have been looking into this juice and I understand that it's from Hawaii. Those of you who live there what are your thoughts and experiences with this juice. I'm especially interested in its cell rebuilding from cancer damage benefits. TIA, trudyjean

Comments (9)

• LisaCLV
    19 years ago

I've never tried it myself. We have it growing wild on our property and the smell of the fruit is so repulsive (like B.O.) that I would never consider drinking it unless it had some proven health benefits.

I did a web search, and it's about 10 to 1 sites that are selling the stuff vs. sites that are debunking it. I have to say that anything that claims to cure everything from athlete's foot to Tourette's syndrome makes me extremely suspicious. I understand where you're coming from, though. My husband has a serious illness too, and if they are able to prove that noni helps cell generation, I'm going to be out there picking the fruits and throwing thm in a blender, smell or no smell!

There is a clinical trial going on right now, run by the Cancer Research Center of Hawaii. It started in Nov. 2001 and they're apparently still recruiting. As far as I can tell, no results have been made public yet. Here's a link with a contact number and email if you're interested in contacting them directly.

Take care,
    -Lisa

Here is a link that might be useful: Noni clinical trial

• Matt G
    19 years ago

I work at a local supermarket and they sell "pure noni juice" (the indgredients say 100% noni juice, no additives). Theres a whole bunch of minerals it provides (mostly

• hotzcatz
    19 years ago

I know someone selling a ten acre noni/coffee/citrus farm if you want a lot of it!

• devra
    19 years ago

I was told by some native Pacific Islanders that old-time Tahitians swear by the stuff for curing whatever ails them. They said the rotting fruits are put into a jar and covered with coarse sea salt. After fermenting for a while, they drink the putrid stuff!

I was also told that when native Tahitians move to other parts of the world, their relatives bring it to them when they visit. They can be seen on airplanes with jugs of this stuff at their feet. (Sealed tightly, of course, because the odor could down a plane!!)

• hulagal
    19 years ago

I too have about 6 noni trees and the ripe fruit smells like something has died! I always think I will find a dead chicken (sorry, JUNGLE FOWL) in my yard but then its noni.
    Anyway, my neighbor gives hers to friends who are battling cancer and they ferment it themselves and they swear by the stuff.

• CoolPlants
    19 years ago

It's also mixed with cherry juice commercially to disguise the smell. It's called Limburger fruit for its smell. I saw my first fruits in Key West. Thought it was some kind of breadfruit relative. Picked about 5. one or two were squishy and slightly bluish. They smelled terribly so I left them. Others were more firm a greenish-white. I left them in a frisbee in the back window of a friends Desoto. OOps!!!! They ripened into a nice liquid. It didn't overflow but stunk the car for about 6 months.
    It's really important for cancer patients to have a sense of control in their treatments. Using herbs really helps this.
    kevin

• Tomato_Worm59
    18 years ago

I finally broke down and bought a bottle of noni juice. it really tastes more like road tar. I just hold my breath and chug it down, chased by some good old apple or peach juice. As Cyanea says, medicine usually never tastes good.

• tommyc
    17 years ago

I got mine from the link below. I Live in Michigan Ordered on Friday, got it on Monday. No special postage. $110 for a couple gallons. Take a shot each morning. Guess I will never know if it works, until I don't get something. Gallon of Noni will last 4 months. Still have about 1/3 left, and the other gallon is unopened in the frig. The Tahitian noni is watered down and sold by those Multi-level marketing people and its made in Utah somewhere. Completely happy with the place linked below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hawaiian Noni Juice Page.

• barefootgardentender
    17 years ago

It's sold all over the tropics, but I can't force myself to try it. The fruits drop everywhere and are so disgusting, it's enough to keep me from it. That said, yes, it's supposed to be amazing stuff.