Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pikko

Choi Sum?

pikko
13 years ago

Hi everyone!

I'm new here and wanted to start by asking a question about the kind of choi sum I see for sale in the supermarket, mostly Foodland, since that's where I shop. It's a leafy green with little yellow flowers and it's the kind that Korean takeout restaurants use to make one of their vegetable dishes.

My problem is that I want to grow some, but the seeds labeled "Choy Sum" all look wrong. They're purple or don't have the right kind of flower. Any idea what this vegetable really is called and where I could buy some seeds?

Comments (3)

• mauirose
    13 years ago

Is this what you're looking for?

If it is then you can mail order seeds from Evergreen or Kitazawa's. I think both places have a minimum order but they offer so many interesting varieties that i don't think you'll have trouble with that ; )

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitazawa Yu Choy

• pikko
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hmm, close but I don't think the leaves are right. They're roundish tip leaves.

• lynn0284
    12 years ago

There is a store near dilligham (Sugoi, Kalihi Ko'olau farmers, Youngs Fish Market) called Fukuda Seed store. They sell japanese and local seeds there. I have seen that they have Choy Sum seeds there.

Sponsored