Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mullberry Tree Care

Posted by BlueMoonToo Hawai'i (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 21, 05 at 1:05

A couple of teenagers came to the door with their Dad to ask for sponsorship for a "Walk" -- lucky me! I was given an Eye of God which I hung on the door and a young Mullberry tree in a can.

What sort of care should I be giving it here in Hawaii? I was told it will get citrus tree size so I assume it needs a bit of room. There is plenty of room in the back garden where I already have avocado, mango, guava, orange, tangerine, star fruit, lichee, dwarf Myer lemon, and dwarf Tahitian lime.

Any pointers in care or picking fruit or suggestions of what to do with the fruit besides eating it when ripe would be welcome.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mullberry Tree Care

Best to lay sheets under the tree with its ripening fruits. Then shake the tree. The ripest will fall.
Make as much jam as you can! It's considered medicinal in the Orient. Sell Sell!
They also use the leaves to treat colds.
kevin

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here