Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chlorosis (Yellowing leaves) Treatment

Posted by alane808 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 26, 08 at 18:55

Aloha from Mountain View!

So with all this vog we are getting it seems to hit some of my plants harder than others (gardinias and citrus in particular). My folks gave me a bottle of chelated iron and zinc (from Garden Exchange, blue bottle w/ a yellow label) which you mix with water and can apply to the leaves in the case of a rescue or apply to the soil to prevent the plants from yellowing in the first place. I was able to save my gardinia after it's leaves turned bright yellow and started falling off. It won't reverse the damage but it will stop it from continuing and allow your plants to grow new healthy leaves. I've treated all my plants and I'd say my landscape is happier for it!

Anyway, just thought I would share the info if you folks are experiencing yellowing. Have a great weekend!

Alane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chlorosis (Yellowing leaves) Treatment

What Island are you on ? I've been getting some yellowing but never thouyght about the vog.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here