Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bnnrose

Dwarf Lemon Problems

bnnrose
12 years ago

Hello, I purchased a young dwarf lemon in January. I potted it in a 7 gallon plastic pot with 2" of red cinder at the base and a mixture of my yard soil which I believe may be on the alkaline side and "Big R" red cinder soil conditioner and a cup of tropical fruit fertilizer. When I first got the tree, I would water it every other day, but I noticed some general yellowing of the leaves about a month later so I cut back on the water. The leaves were just turning yellow, including the veins, just an overall yellowing. When I stick my finger in the soil it is usually somewhat moist so now I water about once a week, when the lemon feels nearly completely dry. I gave it a mixture of coffee grinds and blood meal about a month ago. Over the past three days, the yellowing has greatly exacerbated and many leaves have turned yellow and dropped off, some are even brown which I have never noticed before. There are quite a few leaves in the yard. I am worried the tree may not make it! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery