Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Don't really want to move....

Posted by Jungle_Jim zone 8 / WA (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 26, 03 at 10:12

I have deliberately ignored this forum because I am itchin' to move back to Hawaii. I just need one...more....little...push....Last time I went to Maui to work for a few months I stayed for 5 years. I have way to many dogs and even a horse that would need to be transported now. But, here goes... into this, no doubt, wonderful forum.... Jim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Don't really want to move....

Aloha Jim!
Sounds like you need to come back!
You'll be glad to know the rules for quarantining animals has changed, it's much less time now (one week I think!)
We moved here from the Pacific NW too, 14 years ago, and it was a great move!!
The last move! Lol, I'm not moving all our stuff back across the ocean, Lol!! Maybe you'll be back, huh?
Aloha, Christine

o

Aloha e Jim,

Yup, rules have changed - there's even a 5day. Go here to see the options - qualifications and costs for 5, 30 and 120 day programs. Also has info on livestock quarantine.
http://www.hawaiiag.org/hdoa/doa_importing.htm

Manoa

o

Would LOVE to move...we fell in love with the Islands last year on Honeymoon, went bak this year. When, not IF, I publish my book, we will have a little grass shack with view of West Maui Mts....or Koolau Range...sigh...Boston so pales in comparison!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here