Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Visiting Big Island ... help finding Gardens ?

Posted by The_Mohave__Kid Nevada (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 9, 05 at 10:48

Aloha ...

With some good fortune I will be spending a week on the Big Island this January. Does anyone have any suggestioins on a good botanical garden or must see botanical sites ??

Maybe even a nice hotel for the botanical minded ?

Thanks ...

Good Day ..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Visiting Big Island ... help finding Gardens ?

I've heard of Amy Greenwell botanical garden. I've never been there but my parents went there and brought home (O'ahu) some seeds. Depends what you're interested in though. If you'd like to see native plants there are many places on the big island you can go. Much of the big island's wilderness landscape is dominated by native vegetation (in Hawaii it is not easy to find native dominated landscape). Hawaii Volcanoes National Park has several places were you can find unique Hawaiian plants - most of the park is native vegetaion.

Here is a link that might be useful: Big Island Botanical Gardens

o
RE: Visiting Big Island ... help finding Gardens ?

Thanks for the info ... appreciated.

Good Day ...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here