Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mgambo tree (majidea zanquebarica)

Posted by MyTropicalPlants none (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 2, 11 at 3:12

Can this tree be grown in a large planter pot, if I don't want to grow it in the ground? And if it can thrive in a large planter pot, will it flower and set seeds in a planter pot?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mgambo tree (majidea zanquebarica)

Sure it can. Almost anything can be grown in containers. The down side is that container gardening requires a lot more of your time and effort (watering, fertilizing, etc) and you must repot things grown for more than a couple of years (timing depends a lot on what potting medium is used) in containers.

If you haven't read Al's threads in the Container Gardening Forum, I would HIGHLY recommend that you do. This series of threads is by far the most popular thread of all time on Gardenweb. It's had over 2000 posts so far! And, many other posts all over GW reference Al's contribution.

Here is a link that might be useful: Container Soils - Water Movement & Retention

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here