Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
long bean

Posted by mauirose 11 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 23, 09 at 3:22

What length of time do your long beans produce for?

i have been pulling mine out after the first picking slows down but i have just heard that they might continue to push beans out after that.

i had some bush beans that i left in for about 6 months just to see what would happen. They continued to produce small yields at regular intervals although not nearly as prolifically as the first harvest. And the wing beans just keep on going. I have a book called 'Growing vegetables in Fiji' that says they will keep producing for up to 4 years!

Just wondering if long beans behave in the same way.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: long bean

I tried growing long bean before, but unfortunately they were not productive and I have to get rid of it because of a white powdery mildew.

I was wondering, how long did your wing bean take before it bears any pods at all? My wing beans has bean growing for more than two months and still is not bearing any pods. I don't know what type of wing bean it is, I got the seed from Oahu Urban Garden when I was with the tour guide who tossed me the dry pods.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here