Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where can I get Pang's nursery product on Maui? Apple Trees?

Posted by abby24 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 31, 09 at 4:23

I'm interested in getting some of their low chill fruit trees; apples, blueberries etc. Does anyone know?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where can I get Pang's nursery product on Maui? Apple Trees?

Occasionally this type of thing comes through Walmart. it's pretty hit or miss and you'd want to buy the plant very soon after arrival. Kahului is hot.

Kula Ace Hardware is the best place to buy from. Prices may be a little higher but they take much better care of their stock. I think it is the wrong time of year for these plants but you can call and they will put your name on a waitlist. They will contact you when they get some in.

You might also try to contact Ulupalakua Nursery.

o

Aloha Abby,

I contacted Pangs a long while back, and they said that you can sometimes work out deals with the managers of any garden center which they supply.
Told me to contact the local manager of the garden center at Walmart and ask if they could basically special order the plant(s) for me and let me know when it/they arrived; or possibly just let me piggy back my order with theirs to save on freight charges since they don't purchase and resell the particular plant.

You might give it a shot, might be worth a try!

Aloha!

o

I actually emailed Pang's nursery and told me they supply to walmart and kula hardware and nursery around Feb-May. So I guess I would need to wait till then.

Thank you so much 4 all your help

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here