Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kai_in_kailua

Help Save My Cucumbers!

kai-in-kailua
14 years ago

Aloha gardening community!

I have a small vegetable garden in my back yard in Kailua O'ahu. I have been gardening when I'm home from college in the summer. I have been learning SO much from the the process! But now I'm stuck!

I think something is viciously attacking my cucumbers! I have two cucumber plants and both of their leaves are suffering from damage. The older leaves turn a much lighter color and have some patches that go all white. Some of the leaves also have what look like bites taken out of them in the middle and around the edges. I have seen some little yellow and black balls on the backs of the leaves as well. Other than that, the backs look pretty similar to the front.

I though these cucumbers had white fly earlier in the summer, so for a while I was spraying them with a soap solution, but I thought that might be damaging the leaves... so I stopped. I also checked the leaves at night for caterpillars once or twice with no luck. Recently I have seen a lot of ants and black lady bug beetles on the cucumbers... could those be what's hurting them?

I'll try attaching some pictures so y'all can see what I'm rambling about!

Thanks so much for your help!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022