Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kokua Needed!

Posted by melelopaki HI -Manoa (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 10, 07 at 3:35

Aloha! I am coming home to Manoa to sell the family home. I have one month to get the landscaping looking nice. Any ideas of what to plant that will grow quickly and are inexpensive? Do you have any recommendations of a landscape desinger? Or just someone with the talent and time? There is a japanese pond that could use some work but I am nervous about doing anything! Where do people buy plants in the Honolulu area?

Mahalo!
Lori

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kokua Needed!

If you haven't done so already, maybe you should talk with your realtor first to see if it's worth the money to do the landscaping. If landscaping is recommended, I'm sure the realtor can recommend a landscaper.

o
RE: Kokua Needed!

Everything grows in Manoa. I agree you should ask your realtor. If they say that landscaping is worth the $$, start at Home Depot for inexpensive plants. You can also try Nii Nursery in Hawaii Kai. I also like Sharon's Plants in Waimanalo and Glenn's also in Waimanalo. These last 2 places also have larger sized plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here