Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Info on Hawaii

Posted by julie_alley z3 QC Canada (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 28, 06 at 10:38

Hi every one.
I am a tropical gardener stuck in a zone 3 :-( I have to move to a warmer climate!!!! Me and my husband are trying to decide were we would like to live once he finishes school next year. We were thinking about Hawaii. Ive been spending a lot of time researching the different areas but what you can learn on the internet is limited. Could you recommend some nice small cities or villages, at as high elevation as possible ,with rich soil, were it would not be to difficult to find a large amount of acreage for sale. Also if any one knows of any web sites with lots of well labeled photos of the different cities and villages of the island could you give me the link?

Thanks,
Julie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Info on Hawaii

I'm not sure where you've been looking, but I'm planning a move next summer to the Hilo area... Hawaiian Paradise Park, Puna Area... You might try starting there. I have so much info that the next step is to buy an acre lot for $60,000 or so and build the house. I'm building it myself so I do have a few more options than buying a house. Do some research. Orchidland, MountainView, just start, and you will find alot of answers. Check Foodland, or Safeway for food prices... Zip codes to use is 96749, 96825. 96825 is on Oahu but the prices are pretty much the same. Try Konaweb forum for some answers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here