Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
moving plants from yard to house

Posted by sunshy (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 16, 08 at 23:46

Does anyone have any handy hints on how I can bring potted palm trees from my yard into my home without bringing any critters that might be lurking in the soil? Our yard is infested with greenhouse frogs, and although they aren't as noisy as their cousins the coqui frogs, I don't want them in my home. Also, if a slug slimed its way into my home, I wouldn't be too keen about that, either. The palm is one that was left by the previous owner of our home, and has been repotted a few times, but has lived its life outdoors. I have a great spot indoors, but don't want those frogs in my living room. I'd appreciate any ideas.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: moving plants from yard to house

You could spray and water with a malathion solution. I hate using the stuff but every once in a while there's nothing else that works. Before bringing plants indoors, I spray, wait a half hour or so, then rinse the plant thoroughly with plain water to take down the smell.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here