Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
akulikuli help

Posted by panemai (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 4, 08 at 15:11

We live at the 3500' elevation and our, what I call ice plant(s) and what my mother-in-law calls akulikuli, is not happy since I pulled weeds and pushed it around. I'd like to know how to get it grounded and spreading again. Any suggestions? Mahalo!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: akulikuli help

Growing akulikuli takes patience. At one time I had huge beds of akulikuli and people walking by would ask for cuttings. Many of them asked me your question. Simply surround your plants with compost and they'll eventually spread out and take root. I recently opened a new bed and only half of the cuttings survived. I know they'll one day be a thick bed of purple blooms. Yours will too!

o
RE: akulikuli help

Mahalo nui for the advice! I will definitely try the compost.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here