Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Burbidgea schizocheila 'Golden Brush'

Posted by eric55 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 19, 06 at 16:38

Hi Everyone,

Can someone describe the best way to re-pot this species?

Right now I have 5 nice plants sharing a wide, yet not very deep, terra cotta pot. The pot is about 15 inches in diameter and 5 inches deep. The plants themselves are about 2 years old and about 2 feet tall.

Can I leave the plants as they are or should I put them in a deeper pot?

I have them under a 400 watt HPS and a 400 watt Metal Halide plant light.

Thanks for any information you can share!

Sincerely, Eric

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Burbidgea schizocheila 'Golden Brush'

Eric, why do you think they need repotting? Are they drying out really fast, or rootbound? The pot does seem sort of shallow.If it were me repotting them, I would divide them-just take a knife and cut straight down thru the tubers or roots, and pot them up into 2 gallon cont. so there is some width to the container.

I have had my eye on this ginger for a little while-do you like it? Has it bloomed for you yet? Where do you put it in the summer-full sun or some shade?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here