Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cheap organic solutions to Mealybugs?

Posted by huckfinn HI (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 20, 09 at 22:48

Aloha all,

I have a tomato plant that is absolutely infested with little fuzzy bugs, I'm pretty sure they are mealybugs. I don't have a lot of spare cash to toss around trying to get rid of these pests, but I want to save my poor tomato plant! Anyone know of some affordable solutions???

From link posting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cheap organic solutions to Mealybugs?

Sorry this solution not organgic but cheap. Everyone has somekind of dishsoap. Take two drops of dishsoap to one quart of water in a squirt bottle. Spray every three days and let the spray sit on the the plant for two minutes than rise the solution off water. It will take time to kill all insects.

o
RE: Cheap organic solutions to Mealybugs?

Dig a q-tip in alcohol and rub it on each bug. Time consuming but it works and won't hurt the plant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here