Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sea level bell peppers

Posted by konacando 11 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 13, 09 at 19:53

I'm new to gardening and as if that isn't challenging enough I live at sea level in Kona. I'm figuring a few things out, corn's a no-brainer, green beans and squash but when I started my garden, I visualized growing bell peppers because I love them so much and they're one of the most problematic so far. I'm on my third round....changing soil, changing shade, changing seed. They seem to invariably get that leaf curl condition (no bugs) and the plant and fruit is mutant and unuseable. Is anyone out there having any success growing bell peppers in Hawaii?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sea level bell peppers

If you google "growing bell peppers in Hawaii", you will find an article from the college of tropical agriculture on this subject that will shed some light on it. Also if you search this site, there is a fairly lengthy article on it also from members. You are not in a good location for bell peppers, but should be able to raise them in the wintertime.

o
RE: sea level bell peppers

Thanks John, I'll have a look. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hawaii Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here