Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dmid_gw

Need ides for a problem hill/slope!

dmid
14 years ago

Hi everyone, I don't normally post over on this forum, but I am hoping you can help me!

My in-laws have a backyard that comes out from the house away, then has a sharp hill up to an area that is elevated ( not their property) that then continues to slope slightly upward to some homes. The problem is the relatively small, but steep hill in their yard. It is currently grass, but my father in law is finding that he can't mow it very well any more. As there is no family close enough to take care of it on a regular basis, we are looking for other options.

I have attached a picture that looks into their neighbors yard - you can kind of get an idea of the general situation, but the hill is much much steeper as it goes into my in-laws yard, especially on the other end. We are thinking it is too steep to just mulch and fill with plants, so we may need to terrace it. They are definitely on a limited budget - we can help them some, and would be willing to do the work, but the rest of the family probably will not. Any thoughts, suggestions, picture examples, etc. would be deeply appreciated.

I don't believe that they have the budget for the landscaping blocks, so I had thought possibly about railroad ties?

Thanks!!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (3)

Sponsored