Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ewigerginkgo

Help with large and steep hills- dealing with erosion

ewigerginkgo
15 years ago

Hello!

IÂm a student at Ohio Wesleyan University hoping to get some tips on dealing with erosion! OWU is taking efforts to go green as part of our National Colloquium, a program that invites in speakers and shows films revolving around a theme. This year theyÂve also added on the requirement of having student-led groups that are following their own "green" ambitions. IÂm leading a group thatÂs focusing on the plant life and improving OWUÂs plant care, but I wanted to piggy-back in fixing a few of the larger erosion problems on campus since the plants can assist in that. I have two areas that I want to look into repairing, but I wanted to get some tips/ideas from people who have a better idea on how to do this sort of thing! I have no idea what sort of cost restraint IÂm going to be under, so IÂm leaning towards trying to keep costs down, if only initially.

The first area I want to fix is along the main campus walkway, which goes down a large hill, and has deep ruts in it from rain. It currently has stone and some plants in it, but the washing-out is still occurring.

The other area is behind an academic area on a steep hill where grass is refusing to grow because of the shade trees. The trees all have a large amount of root exposure.

Any help/tips/ideas would be highly appreciated!!

Area 1:

Area 2:

Thank you in advance!!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH