Return to the Hillside Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
let's here it for the hillside people

Posted by susiebuckhouse 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 18, 06 at 22:02

FINALLY! We are a special breed, so it is fitting that we have our own forum. All gardening is hard work, but unless you have stood on a hillside for hours, bent over, legs stretched, knees locked, butt up, back broke, you don't have a clue. I should buy stock in an ibuprofin company. This year has been very hard, with the hot spells that we had. I just couldn't do it. So now, I am paying the price. I have weeds that are now trees and creeping roses that attack, when you go near them. What a mess! I really need to simplify that entire front hillside. If you are from Pittsburgh, you all know what hillside gardening is really like. It is like gardening on a alpine slope, you try to stand erect, but gravity just won't allow it. Next year I'm getting out there early and remulching every inch!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: let's here it for the hillside people

And the backflips when the weed you are tugging on suddenly lets go!

I paid the price this year from neglecting the garden last summer. I hauled in 10 yds of mulch and still didn't get done - where does it all go????

o

I can't tell you how many times I have fallen down,while planting hostas on the side of a hill! I have slid down,tipped over,and piched forward. Sometimes,when the red clay is wet,I just skid down the hill! Hillside gardening is a real challenge! HF

o

Can relate to all of the above. HF - Very glad no one is around when I go sliding down a wet hillside! This red clay can be hazardous to one's pride (and backside!). :)

o

All of the above!! But I would not trade my Southern Ohio hill for any other place in the world!! :-)

o

I cannot tell you how happy I am to have this forum. I, too, have gone tumbling down my hill. We built on the top of a hill for the view, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. But it is a lot tougher gardening here than I thought it would be.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hillside Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here