Return to the Hillside Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Suggestions for this hill

Posted by molly229 3 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 16, 13 at 18:54

We purchased a river home. The front side of the property is very overgrown but has potential. There are railroad ties, about 4 of them that are just placed on the hill. There are hostas, tiger lillies, dollar plants, sedum and boxwoods. Mixed in with all of that are manitoba maple shoots and weeds.

What would you do? I was thinking of tiering the hill more with the railroad ties and creating mini flower beds. I want to. Keep the boxwoods & perrenials.

The pic I've attached is looking up the hill. You can see the line of boxwoods & the ties. This was in the spring. When we took possession, it was so grown in, we couldn't believe it.

BTW, I'm in Central Ontario Canada.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hillside Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here