Return to the Homesteading Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My new homestead!

Posted by ohiohomestead none (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 26, 14 at 11:23

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and currently in the process of building my little homestead cabin. I'm actually currently in the process of planning a greenhouse, which I'd love some input on if you would be so kind as to head over to the greenhouse forum.

It's a 32x12ft building with 10ft sidewalls to make it feel a bit bigger. Currently, the shell is complete, but we(my father and uncle are helping) are currently in the process of finishing the interior. Once the electric and plumbing go in, we'll start on the walls and flooring. Here's a few photos of what I've got so far!

Just realizing that it will only allow one photo per post, so this is pre-porch railing the day it went up. The plan is to distress/whitewash the cabin to make it look a bit more dated. I'll also be replacing the front door shortly with something a little more appropriate, hah.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My new homestead!

Here it is post-porch railing

o

And from the loft(12x9). The loft will be my bedroom and the underpart will be the bathroom/utility room.

o

This is a basic floor plan I had made for it. I think I'm just going to make the Utility/Bathroom into one room and the plan is in reverse from what it will actually be. As stated, the greenhouse is what I'm currently trying to figure out. I'd love it to be an open part of the home(how earth ships are often utilized), but am afraid of how moisture will effect the home's structure.

o

I love this style and the size is perfect.
Kim

o

I live in Ohio and was so excited to come across this site. I want a tiny home. I love this design and idea. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress.

o

Yes I also have nothing to contribute, but it looks bloody awesome from here, good start man! :) House looks beautiful, and I love the porch railings.

Cheers

o

Im very jealous. Good luck to you with your new venture. Would love to see some photos of your surrounding property as well

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Homesteading Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here