Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flrich

How to clear some new land

flrich
17 years ago

Gosh.. having trouble posting messages. So I'll keep this one short since I just lost my last one that explained all well. Think it's the URL link!

Dense woods, mostly rolling with some steep slopes and a couple of 20-30 foot cliffs. 2 creeks and maybe 1 acre of clear flat land. I want to start clearing the land so I can use it for planting and some recreational areas. Plan on a few 60in wide ATV paths so I can get tools and supplies closer to my target areas and maybe even 2 paths cleared by a dozer so I can get a pick up truck or dump truck in for gravel and dirt for grading some planting fields.

Most of the land is pine 8-10 years away from harvest and a LOT of vines, 2 inch sapplings and thicket brush waist high! I know I have to do it by hand but what are my best tools to clear a ATV path, once I do that I can bring in some power tools to do thinning of the trees, and possibly even a small bobcat to grade and level. Once it's graded and leveled then I can bring in a rental tractor to till or I may even buy some attachments for the ATV to keep the land in shape. The one road you see on the web site has been cut off from the rest of my land. Seems the neighbor was using the road entrance for himself for years, when the land got sold he cut the road off at his survey markers. Part that stinks is that the road becomes ours again about 50 yards down so we lost truck access to the back side. Once I can get an ATV back there I'll be sure to return the favor with some 4in steel posts filled with concrete so he can't use the rest of the road that belongs to us.

Here are some photos of the property.

http://www.richgarcia.org/gallery/view_album.php?page=1

Here is a link that might be useful: Our new land

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!