Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jmach52_gw

corn/pellet stove

jmach52
17 years ago

we live in michigan and are looking at buying a corn/pellet multifuel heater...The American Harvest Model 6039..we find it offered by Northern Tool and by Rural King farm stores....Does anyone have helpful information on this choice..such as efficiency, cost,reliability,quality.. We are heating a ranch home with propane backup..this will be our 1st corn stove.

Comments (3)

• naturesheat
    17 years ago

I think you will be very pleased with a corn stove. However, make sure you check out several before buying. The big box stores, lowes, mennards, offer some inexpensive stoves, however will they service them if you have a problem? Who will install it for you? And how will you get warranty parts, should you need them? Do they give you advice, should you need it? All questions to ask.

Here is a link that might be useful: Our website

• markapp
    16 years ago

If you want lowest cost check on availability of coal. Corn prices have taken a drastic increase almost doubled in the last year and who knows what the future and ethanol demand will cause. Another issue to consider is storage, corn is a fragile fuel source to store since insects, moisture/mold and rodents can easily destroy it. Just make sure you go in with a full understanding of benefits as well as disadvantages. Corn makes the most sense for corn growers. Instead of selling corn and paying taxes to buy another form of heat burn your own. for the rest of us i would think quite carefully about the benefits. I burn wood that i get free but do some hauling cutting and splitting.

• energies
    16 years ago

Hi,

there's this free website where users can add products and reviews.

Share your knowledge

Here is a link that might be useful: E.nergi.es - wood pellets, shelled corn, other biomasses and stoves company directory and product reviews

Sponsored