Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
groman_gw

Reasonable Greenhouse for Money Short Folks

groman
19 years ago

Hi Folks want to share with the people interested in Plant production and not so much apearance.This Greenhouse(16'x40') was built for $600.00 and is quality construction,PVC painted to lessen attack on 6mm plastic which is not greenhouse quality(life 1-2 years)which I will roll up from each side in hot summer and cover at the center of roof(cost $65.00),which will let rain leech and replentish soil.I used 5/8" rebar in every other PVC rib(24"centers)20'lengths of materials were used.If anyone is interested in plans or free info(I will be glad to help) for a similiar project please e-mail me at rogergl@gmail.com

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:885831}}

Comments (7)

• TabletopHomestead
    19 years ago

You've built a nice greenhouse. We did one that's attached to the house and built out of livestock panels. I only wish it were bigger.

Here is a link that might be useful: Livestock Panel Greenhouse

• groman
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Howdy Tabletop Homestead Folks
    You folks are just unbelievable what a great tribute to our Lord for the beautiful sacrifice you have made and it was an act of love and no sacrifice at all, bottom line, I wish more folks would leave their comfort zone and venture outward to the old ways.I have for years since 1989 preached to those who would seeminly hear to sell their beautiful churches and real estate and buy land and join together and work as a unit and make this dream a reality.I guess they assumed big talk coming from him who has nothing, well folks someone was praying for someone who would work and help them because they are somewhat helpless to do the type work I do, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, ect., ect.,all the while I coaxed anyone whom I knew who knew me to buy some land give me a start and the land would double their investment, but it fell on deaf ears, as the word said.The folks I am with I have known for near 10 years and they are Herbal Medical Missionaries and somehow we were separated 5 or so years ago and after I moved in with them they said they had prayed for the Lord to send someone to help them and I called very shortly there after and it was I whom MY LORD chose so I rejoice often that he truly loves me and rewarded me openly, woe unto those who make mockery and ridicule his children,vengance shall be mine He said.
    Thanks you guy's I truly love the painting on your Site's front page, brilliant work it reminds me of an era gone by, if you folks ever need help due to illness or worse ask and if I can I will.Your Brother in Christ

Here is a link that might be useful: Homesteaders

• TabletopHomestead
    19 years ago

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. We love both the Lord and the old ways and feel called to a simpler lifestyle. We're not completely there yet, but the plan is in place, and it's certainly important to form like-minded connections.

• steadfish
    19 years ago

I would like to hear more about cheap greenhouses and barns. Not interested in religious talk.

• groman
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hi steadfish will be pleased to help just give me some measurements of size you are considering, of some kind of idea what you are interested in, I am sure you read at least one post, and saw a picture and also in greenhouse portion of site another post.You can build this greenhouse or many similar, 20' x 3/4" pvc was used with 20' x 5/8" rebar inserted inside every other pvc pipe, each end also, a main beam constructed with 2 x 2"x4" x 10' lengths forming a T and a T post every 10' secured in concrete, outer walls in concrete can be T's every 4' - 5' maxium with a 2"x4" running the upper and lower length, upper length for securing pvc using emt pipe clamps or sheetmetal strips and lower length for fastening pvc and plastic.If you get the idea great if not ask away, easy enough steadfish.

• steadfish
    19 years ago

I am just in the early planning stages. What I really need is a inexpensive barn. The greenhouse will have to wait until the barn is squared away. Any suggestions on the barn? I would like a fairly large barn (got plenty of space) which I will also use as a workshop.
    Thanks in advance for your time,
    s

• groman
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hey S here you go I think if local code will allow a pole barn will whip any other idea and I have had friends when I was a kid living in one and it wasn't any different than a regular house, fact can be done and most reasonable of all, excepting old non used farmers grain bins, have seen them sold for as little as $100.00 requires a lot of unbolting, numbering pieces, and you will lose a few inches cause you will have to cut it free from concrete with a sawsall, torch or another way.
    Found you some links one is how to build a pole barn for $3,000.00 24' x 50' and another with a slightly different approach.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1279/is_n148/ai_16738384

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1279/is_206/ai_n6231463

Sponsored
River Mill Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Delaware County's Customer Focused General Contractor