Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
backflows

Cattle damage

backflows
19 years ago

I just bought 30 acres in rural SE Ohio for recreation and retirement in 10 years. The property is beautiful and took me 5 years to find. It has some mature trees a small valley that runs right down the center with a small stream that seems to be spring fed and a nice waterfall. I have about 10 acres of secluded pasture surrounded by a small pine forest the other 20 acres are mostly brush and some mature trees (Cherry, Walnut, Oak, ect). I even have a old slag drive that goes to the open pasture in back (where I eventually plan to build). I even have a cow-gate at the road. Well to make a long story short, When I first bought the property the farmer down the road asked me if he could run his cattle there every now and then. Being new and caught off-guard, I agreed. I am now wondering what kind of damage can cattle do to my trees, stream, grass-land ect. I think he's running about 15-20 Head of cattle. I have two little girls so do I have to worry about desease spreading flys or stampeeding cattle?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?