Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lamedicineman

Gardenway Carts

lamedicineman
20 years ago

Does anyone know who is manufactoring the old Gardenway garden carts that were sold by Troy-Bilt years ago?

Comments (4)

• Judith
    20 years ago

I did a search on Gardenway Carts and came up with the website of Gardenalacart. They are now selling the gardenway carts. By the way I have one of the large Gardenway carts that I bought years ago. I was never happy with it. My land is somewhat hilly and those things when loaded are very hard to pull uphill. I don't know how to post a link but their website is gardenalacart.com Good Luck

• robhuffstedtler
    20 years ago

Now that I see what you are talking about, I would suggest looking at the Tipke carts instead. I have one and am very happy with it. It has the same sliding front panel, but it's aluminium rather than plywood and can be collapsed into a very small space.

• hotzcatz
    20 years ago

My favourite garden cart is a smaller one which has been redesigned. I use it to haul dirt, compost and stuff around and then dump it out somewhere. The moveable back flap was such a bother that it wasn't used much and the whole design just didn't seem to work. I took my cart all apart and put it back the way it was more useful for me.

The handle extends from the top of the box and I raised the whole box by about 3" so the handle is right at my hand height and much easier to pull. The box has three solid sides and opens towards the back so I can back the cart up to whatever I want to move and shovel it in without having to shovel past the handle. Dumping is real easy since I just back it up to where I want it and then lift up on the handle. No more moveable flap.

We've gotten three other carts since the little one broke, one of which was a "real" Gardenway. The new ones just weren't suited for me, so the little one has been rebuilt yet again and this time it has even bigger tires. That seems to be an improvement, although the solid tires never needed air.

We have hills, too, and trying to pull a full sized cart up the hill - even if it is just loaded with leaves - doesn't work. I might try adding a set of bicycle brakes to the tires to make going down hill safer.

• mgoforrealchange_g-mail_com
    13 years ago

Thanks for posting and the useful information. I am looking for a large garden way cart. In my search I found on e-bay a Heavy duty cart with similar wheels that dumps out the front. I might consider it because of your comments. We live on a farm with animals and the garden way would be versital for hauling hay as well. But my main purpose is to haul manuar from the barn to the garden and green house. Margaret
    So Judith if you want to get rid of your Gardenway cart I might be interested, I was looking for a bargin as I am planning to raise organic vegtables to sell this summer and don't have much money and already invested a huge amount in seed. My e-mail is mgoforrealchange@gmail.com

Sponsored