Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ruthieg__tx

A chicken story for you...

ruthieg__tx
16 years ago

so lots of us love chickens and I thought I would share this story...I used to live in a small town outside of Houston,....our place included a fabulous chicken house so I filled it promply......I had a great fenced enclosure and with a few clipped wings for the naughty ones, I managed to keep them all contained.....except....one lady....Every day she flew up on a fence post and then hit the ground on the other side....she marched herself up to the back porch and sat her buns down on the cat bed and laid and egg and then she marched back to the pen and scrounged around in the area till I came out and let her back into the enclosure...everyday she did this routine....

another story about the same hen...One day I left a jar of seed corn on the table...she obviously entertained herself playing with the corn jar because she knocked it over and ate most of the corn...she also ended up "somehow" with the jar ring around her neck...she wore her beautiful new necklace for two days before I could catch her to remove it...

Oh and the table was pushed up next to the kitchen window, so she liked to stand and look into the kitchen...I swear she used to talk to me...

I called her Gladys Knight...because one day I said to her...you are quite the pip aren't you and then I said ...no you must be Gladys Knight herself and it stuck.

Comments (3)

Sponsored