Return to the Homesteading Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chainsaw problems (my fault)

Posted by nohenns MA (My Page) on
Tue, May 21, 13 at 22:14

Hello i would like some advice on fixing my old homelite super 2 chainsaw. The wrong fuel to oil mixture was put in (not enough oil to gas) next the choke was full so there was virtually no air in the mixture..also I pulled the cord a lot (really a lot)
I was wondering what I can do to fix it. The chainsaw hasn't run in 10 years but it was stored properly. Also when the cord is pulled I do hear a pop from the piston.

Thank you and I will take any advice because I need to get it to run.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chainsaw problems (my fault)

If it was me, after being stored that long I'd want to pull it apart, clean the carb, clean the magneto, replace the spark plug, spray a little pb blaster in the cylinder just to make sure the rings are free, and inspect the fuel line for dry rot. The fuel mixture shouldn't have caused any damage if it didn't run.

o
RE: Chainsaw problems (my fault)

If it was me, after being stored that long I'd want to pull it apart, clean the carb, clean the magneto, replace the spark plug, spray a little pb blaster in the cylinder just to make sure the rings are free, and inspect the fuel line for dry rot. The fuel mixture shouldn't have caused any damage if it didn't run.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Homesteading Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here