Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
livingthetruth

Bringing My Dream Homestead Down To Reality. HELP!

livingthetruth
14 years ago

Facts:

*I am searching for the land on which to situate my homestead.

*I've never gone Land shopping before, so I'm searching for answers and advice.

*I'd ideally have semi-fertile soil, some wooded area, a source of water(a well would work alright but I'd prefer a living water source like a stream/river) & NO house already on the property.

*I hope to one day to be 100% self-sufficient, therefor I would eventually owe only property taxes and although I will sell surplus to a farmers market, I'd like to have relatively low property taxes, so as to minimize my dealings with money. (dont be slow to believe this is a possible goal because I've researched it long and hard and i know how to grow, spin and weave my own cloths, save seeds, ect already.)

*I really love central Texas but I'd be willing to move anywhere as long as I can reach my goals of self-sufficiency there.

*I read A LOT, so ideally my land would be within a one days bike pilgrimage(there and back) of a good public library. Of course, I'd be willing to give up this goal in favor of a better piece of land.

If you have any questions, comments or answers for me then I'd absolutely LOVE to hear them.

Thank You all so much!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Elegant Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
VA & DC's Finest General Contractor