Return to the Homesteading Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
propane refrigerator

Posted by grannylana (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 2, 07 at 0:13

hi yall
i am looking for first hand information on these refrigerators that run off propane and claim to work as well if not better that the elctric refrigerators, would appreciate any information you all have. it is again hurricane season along the Gulf Coast and i would like to have something to keep food and drinks cold for the children if we get hit again and have no power.
thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: propane refrigerator

Here's a website I bookmarked because I had heard good things about this brand:

http://www.sundanzer.com/

o

We have had one in our moter home and we love it. It is smaller then the one in the house, but it keeps the food frozen in the freezer section and keeps the food cold in the ref. section. If I was in danger of losing my power, I would have one or a generator to keep the home fridge running.

o

If you can get the propane to run it, then a propane refrigerator might be a good thing. How do you get propane to your house? Will that supply be there in case of hurricanes?

We run a really efficient electric refrigerator these days since the gas refrigerator we had previously was using about 5 gallons of propane every ten days or so. We have four solar electric panels and an inverter which power the new electric refrigerator.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Homesteading Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here