o
Pellet burners??

Posted by mdmccord midwest (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 27, 05 at 16:23

Does anyone know of a good pellet burner.I am really looking into getting one

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pellet burners??

If you get one with an electric feed for the pellets you're screwed when the power goes off. My aunt surprirsed my uncle with one for his Xmas present. Froze their buns off when they had power outage and had to stay in garage and use old barrel stove. Just a thought.

o

I think all corn and pellet burners have an electric auger. Power loss is a problem with a gas furnace as well as a pellet or corn burner.

We have an Amaiziblaze corn burner. I bought it towards the end of the winter last year, so I only used it for a few weeks. I was very happy with it. The furnace is a back up to the corn burner, and our wood burning fireplace is a backup to them both if the power goes out.

Pellet stoves are very similar to corn stoves. The one I have hooks up to the cold air run in the existing ductwork. The stove has a built in fan that blows the hot air throughout the house by the ductwork. This is a very nice feature that many dont have. Most are just a stand alone stove that heats the area around them.

Some stoves can also burn corn or pellets.

Here is a link that might be useful: Corn/pellet stoves

o

mt vernon made by quadrafire has a battery back up very nice unit now that all the bugs are worked out mine works great

o

Harman P38. They use gel to start and I have had mine for five years without one single service call.

Do not buy the Harman Accentra. I have one of those too and it continues to malfunction every year. It is very high maintenance with repairs and in my opinion a piece of junk. On thing after another goes wrong despite all the new parts they put in. That is a Harman stove Technician.

o

I have a 8 year old Harman Accentra-2 and have a problem with it lighting. I clean it out as needed, but it sometimes will not light and it just keeps feeding pellets. I was wondering how you would test the ignitor to see if that was the reason. I end up using gas (just kidding). I am getting tired of lighting it with gel.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Homesteading Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here