Return to the Homesteading Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new homesteaders

Posted by charlotte1 UK (charlotte.w-robinson@ricochet.co.uk) on
Tue, Sep 20, 05 at 7:37

Hello fellow forum members..
I'm looking to make contact with people about to start a homestead life. In any location of America/Canada.

Also, for those of you already homesteading in the American wilderness, I'd love to get some tips on the best way to get started. Where did you go when you first begun - from purchasing the land to any courses available etc.

Thanks & I look forward to hearing from you (please message me or add to this thread)..
Charlotte

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new homesteaders

This is apparently a faux advertisement, making the rounds of the usual homesteading websites and forums. Just FYI.

o

Hello again..
I have to reply to say this is not a faux advertisement! I am very seriously looking for people about to start a new homestead. I work for a TV Production company and we are making a series for Discovery about homesteading. So I am eagerly trying to make contact both those planning on leaving the suburban life for a rural self-sufficient/homestead life and also to find experts for the series that advise on making this new life work.
So please do not think this is a faux advertisement, I have so far had really good feedback and would hate for people to think we are pestering homesteaders, we are just keen to show the great homestead life.
Best wishes,
Charlotte
Assistant Producer
www.ricochet.co.uk (makers of ABC's Supernanny)

o

Why would anyone who really wants to get away from it all invite a camera crew along?

o

Charlotte - If you're going tomake a program about homesteading, and are interested in the fairly recent history of the way of life as it has played out in North Amertica, you might find useful information and cues in this on-line article.

Just a point of departure, mind you. But possibly of some value, and has links that could open up vistas.

J.

Here is a link that might be useful: Back to the Land wave

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Homesteading Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here