Return to the Homesteading Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good land at a fair price hard to find.

Posted by WDJeffers none (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 6, 13 at 14:09

Let me start this off by stating I found this forum following a lead on the cheapest land in the US. interesting responses.
I am going to list what I am looking for. please leave responses on where to look or resources that will help in my search.
Looking for land that is secluded and out of the way for off grid living.
I am needing soil suitable for a very large vegetable garden.corn and wheat, and a few fruit and nut trees. grass land enough for a few horses, some cows and a few chickens.
should have woodland area with good hunting.
Needs to have a natural spring or other good source of clean water. and if not a pond the ability to build one.
I do not need nor desire power, telephone, city water or sewer, long drive for supplies are great.
Any help in finding this paradise would be great.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good land at a fair price hard to find.

Wow! Way to go. I am not that gungho to do without electric. My area sound perfect for you except for the soil and you probably can't grow wheat here. The soil is all sand but you could beef it up with compost and leaves. I live in southeast Georgia. More pine trees than people here. You can drive for an hour and only see a few houses here.

o
RE: Good land at a fair price hard to find.

thank you, my plan is to install a combination of solar and wind for most needs, I have been looking at the east side of Georgia, It is hard to find agents to work with me because I am not looking for the high end land. if you have anything for sale in your area letting me know who its listed with would be great

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Homesteading Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here