Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paisley_tx

Fence questions

paisley_tx
19 years ago

Is this the right forum to ask fence questions? I hope so. :)

We're in the process of having our 9 year old spruce fence replaced. The metal poles are set up and have been drying for the past 3 days.

My question is this, our fence contractor made it sound like to get the "best & sturdy" fence, the cement has to cure for 2-3 days and they'll never put up poles and then board in just one day. Is this the norm? or is it possible that our contractor uses a cheaper type of concrete that cures slowly?

It seems that all of the other contractors I looked into (and talking to my neighbor who's dad is in the fencing business who used to work in a cement company) say it be done in just one day.

We've had a little bit of rain since they tore out the old fence and set up the poles, with some humidity, but it's been in the 70's & 80's for the past 3 days and the cement areas still look kinda dark grey like they're not completely dry.

Also, should we get the city to come out and inspect the finished fence before we pay the rest of the money to the contractor? Our city requires that they inspect it after it's done.

I'd appreciate any feedback! Thanks!

Comments (3)

Sponsored