Return to the Homesteading Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wheat Grinders in Twin Cities MN Area

Posted by gabrielle2005 Zone 4 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 11, 08 at 20:53

I'm interested in finding other people in the Twin Cities area who grind their own wheat. Where do you get the wheat berries?

I know of someone that can get 50 lb bags of wheat, but he needs to buy a pallet of 40 bags! That's a lot of wheat. If there is enough interest, we could place an order. I think the difficult part is finding about 40 people who grind their own wheat. He can't get a mixed pallet, either.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wheat Grinders in Twin Cities MN Area

Gabrielle, contact your county extension agent and see if they know of other people who grind their own wheat.

I have a Golden Grain Grinder that is about 30+ years old that my dad gave me about 15 years ago. I has 2 stones that grind the grain.

What kind of wheat have you found to be the whitest? We have a number of Amish and Mennonite communities around us and have bought wheat from them. But they all call their own brand something different...and some call them "naturally" white...does that mean whole grain or just unbleached flour? I bought some hard spring white wheat last week...just 3 pounds...wanted to see how it ground out...it seems to be whiter than some others I have.

We grow our own corn to grind...organic...put 9 gallons of fresh cornmeal in the freezer last week. That might keep me 2 years.

Hope you find someone to split the wheat with...that is a lot to have to take at one time.

o

Gabrielle,
I live in Andover, MN and am interested in buying wheat berries with someone to help differ the cost. I have purchased from Wheat Montana and really liked their Prairie Gold and soft white but the shipping is expensive. I've tried local health food stores without success. Let me know if you're still interested.

o

I have 2 grinders one never been used still in box would love to give someone an awesome deal
Email me. ln6152@hotmail.com
Lisa I can send pics. I'm in MN

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Homesteading Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here