Return to the HortiPlex Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
seeds and/or seedlings

Posted by Trudi_d 7, Long Island (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 22, 02 at 12:41

May we upload pictures of seeds and or seedlings to hortiplex.....minimally pictures of seedlings as this would be helpful in identification.

Thanks,

Trudi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: seeds and/or seedlings

Trudi,

I think that would be neat. One of the advatanges of having many people upload images of the same plant is there can be views from all sorts of different angles, different seasons, etc.

o

My absolutely WORST problem in gardening is spring weeding,when I tend to pull out even my own well-tended and loved seedlings, hoping to eradicate all pest plants! Last spring I thought I was pulling out lots of grass,but it was actually baby Moonbeam Coreopsis! Photos of the seedlings would be a great help! :0)

o

I concurr. I have the same problem. Seedling photos would be very helpful. I'll have to remember that next time I upload photos. Thanks for the idea!

o

Newbie here. Been searching for hours today for pictures to help me figure out if I'm talking baby talk and watering seedlings or weeds. Still don't know. Your seedling photos would be a great help to me. Will this be a new forum listed on the GardenWeb Forums page? If not, how will I be able to find these photos?

o

I just bought a very useful weed book and it has seedling photos on every weed. Weeds of Canada and the Northern United States by France Royer and Richard Dickinson.

Each photo is the same in this way -- the photo shows the seed leaves (cotyledons) and the first two true leaves. It is remarkably helpful to see the weeds at this early stage. But I am still afraid of pulling out something "good".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the HortiPlex Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here