Return to the HortiPlex Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Unlisted species

Posted by Pinette E. Coast/U.S. 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 24, 02 at 19:42

I am still confused as to what to do if the plant that one has a picture of is not listed in the HortiPlex database. There is a link to an address for submissions, but when something is submitted there, nothing happens. I've heard from Spike sometimes, there must be some way to not have to bother him with this stuff. I submitted 3 unlisted species over a week ago and have heard nothing, another that I submitted last Wed. or so, Spike wrote me Fri. that it was now listed. Anybody have a suggestion as to where to send the new species? It seems pointless to submit them to the address listed with the 'Help' page.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Unlisted species

If new species could be added automatically, there would soon be lots of fake joke species put in.

There has to be an Editor to check everything; I reckon Spike is doing a good job here.

o
RE: Unlisted species

Just recieved a message from the man today, apparently that is what is going on. I guess I would counsel patience, the new species submitted 24 feb. were just added. I guess I never considered that some fakes would be submitted. I'm thinking of the embarrassment that would result from associating ones name with incorrect info, but some just don't give a rat's a-- about that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the HortiPlex Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here