Return to the HortiPlex Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cultivars

Posted by Olivier_NorthFrance (My Page) on
Thu, May 2, 02 at 10:32

Hi Spike,
And everyone,

There are so many cultivars of plants that I don't see myself e-mailing you each time I upload a cultivar picture on HortiPlex, so I just mention it in the text and/or in the caption. Am I doing the right thing ? If I remember well, the uploading instructions first said "Please be sure the plant is - name of the plant -. If the plant is a cultivar, mention it" (or something approaching !), but I don't see the second sentence anymore.

I don't mind e-mailing you for each new cultivar picture, it's just that I thought you already had enough work :-) I'm not posting the 'wrong' plant, just one of its variants. Is it OK ?

Thanks,
Olivier.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cultivars

Olivier,

No, they should definitely be listed separately. Just send me a list of a 5-10 at a time and I'll add them as soon as I can.

o

Thanks Spike, I'll prepare my list(s) :-)

Olivier.

o

I send one in by email, because i am not sure how to add the culivar name if it is not already listed. Many are listed with no comments or pictures, I know how to add to those, but the ones where the culivar is new, that may be a problem.

Can I just add any culivar that is not established yet, or do I wait till the data base is updated? For example yellow thai poppy just came out new on Annie's Annauls, how would I list that?

Bug Girl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the HortiPlex Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here