Return to the HortiPlex Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Member Uploads

Posted by
Spike z6 nj
(My Page) on
Fri, May 18, 01 at 14:08

I just this week added a feature to HortiPlex that allows members to upload comments and images on plants. If you do a search, you'll see a link, "[Add Your Image/Comments]", to the right of all the species/plants that match.

You can see the latest image uploads at: http://hortiplex.gardenweb.com/plants/jour/new.cgi

After the upload, the plant page looks like this: Rosa 'Jean Kenneally'

I'd be interested in knowing how this is working for people. Is it understandable?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Member Uploads

• Posted by
    Josh z8 GA
    (My Page) on
    Sat, May 19, 01 at 13:35

What a wonderful resource this is going to be! Now we'll never have to leave Gardenweb...all the information anyone could possibly need will be right here! And as usual it's clear to understand and to use, in the best tradition of Gardenweb. Thanks, Spike. jo shields

o

• Posted by
    Vgkg 7-Va Piedmont
    (My Page) on
    Mon, May 21, 01 at 8:40

Wow, this will be great! Dang, now I gotta get one of those new fangled digital camaras ;o). Maybe start a tomato gallery, ha. vgkg

o

Good idea! Best way to build value to a database and to a site. It fits right in to the model of how this site works. I like it.

o

I like it.Perhaps we should include links to all the other horticultural resources found on the net.

o

spike: this time you've really done it. what a splendid idea! splendid!

-dicken.

o

I am curious. How does Spike get all this work done? My background is in Plant Science, Education and General Science related interests. This is a huge job! Thanks to whoever came up with this whole Garden Web idea.

o

Im currious as to why when I try to upload images of hostas , they are never posted in the forum or the galleries? This is not the first time this has happened. Kind of confusing and frustrating.

Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the HortiPlex Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here