Return to the HortiPlex Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Integrating HortiPlex and garden exchange list

Posted by jdw27_42 Z5/6 W PA (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 20, 01 at 12:10

One neat feature you could add is put four buttons on each HortiPlex page to add the plant displayed to seeds have/seeds wanted/plants have/plants wanted lists on one's personal exchange list (assuming one's logged in, of course). Then in the list, it would show up as a hyperlink to the HortiPlex entry.

Follow-Up Postings:

o RE: Exchange lists

• Posted by: Rob (My Page) on Fri, Mar 2, 01 at 12:53

Categories would be a very useful feature: zone, moisture, light requirements, color, perennial/annual/biennial, veggie/fruit/herb, shrub/tree/groundcover, etc.

Almost the way the old garden.com search engine used to be (maybe still is, haven't bothered going there in a while). It obviously would only be limited to how detailed the folks using it make it, but I think it'd be nice to be able to search for "zone 5 - blue or purple - perennial - moist - shade" or something.

Seems like a lot of folks now (myself included) give their lists headers like "VEGGIES" and "FLOWERS" in addition to listing colors by the names and I always try to determine what zone folks are in anyway.

Thanks Spike, Rob

I like a table with various columns where you can "x" off if they're annual, peren, bienn, other.

It would be nice to also have the ability to type in the color or "mixed".

If you're going to make a table could you add a column for "available for SASE" or "trade only"?

May we also have a button to indicate "open pollinated"? You might also want to make "open pollinated" the default setting.

These things would be helpful to me.

Trudi

• Posted by: Catrina (My Page) on Sun, Mar 11, 01 at 11:12

Hi,
I love the idea about the plant data base. I think it would be really helpful if people would put the date that they updated on their exchange list, or if we could get the computer to do it. It would be especially helpful if we could search by date thus letting us get the fresh lists. Thanks

I second Catrina'a suggestion re: an automatic update flag on the exchange lists whenever it is editted. If that wouldn't work, even a DATE OF LAST UPDATE field might remind folks to indicate the date manually.

I also absolutely love the idea of incorporating a plant database and cross-reference window!

Definitely the ability to edit exchange lists as items become available / unavailable, and to add /delete items from the lists.

Pam

Dream... ok, a place to add your pictures of your available plants. And a place to put all of what you have, but split up into seasons. Hope that makes some sense.
Wylee

o
RE: Integrating HortiPlex and garden exchange list

Thanks! all good ideas.

wyleesee, when you talk of seasons, you mean seasons when you have this available to trade?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the HortiPlex Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here